Buyer’s Guide: Best Rowing Machine for Home Use in 2014
Looking for a home exercise machine that can give you an amazing full-body workout? Enjoy rowing, but don’t get a lot of time to actually do it? You can bring your favorite outdoor activity indoors with a home rowing machine. Rowing machines work out your upper body, including your arms, shoulder, back, and neck, and also give your legs a bit of a workout. On top of that, rowing is a very effective cardiovascular exercise. Not all rowing machines are made equal, though, and you want to purchase the best rowing machine.
Before you can buy the best home rowing machine, you need to familiarize yourself with what makes a quality rowing machine. It is important to know what to look for in general, as well as what you specifically are looking for in terms of your personal purchase. Let’s break it down so you can find the best rowing machine for home.
|Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine with PM3 (Light Gray)||Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing Machine||Sunny Health and Fitness Rowing Machine|
|Price: $800++||Price: $250-$400||Price: ~$100|
What Makes the Best Rowing Machine?
No matter what type of rowing machine you purchase, you want to make sure that it offers you the following:
- Quality ergonomic design: The best rowing machines 2014 all are designed with ergonomic features like a comfortable, well-padded seat and a well-positioned handlebar with a user-friendly build.
- Safety: Watch out for potential hazards like sharp edges which could compromise the safety of your workout. Note that rowing machines that are not ergonomically designed may also be compromising further on safety. For the best rowing machines, ergonomics isn’t just about comfort; it is about working out without injury.
- Solid construction: You are going to spend around $100 at the minimum on your new rowing machine, possibly more. The best rowing machine for home will work great for years (even if it requires occasional maintenance). You don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on a machine that is just going to quit on you in a few years.
- Ease of use: All the best rowing machines include clear displays which provide you with feedback on your workout.
- Good customer service: The best rowing machines are those which are manufactured by the best workout equipment companies. Now and again, all workout equipment requires maintenance, even if you have the best home rowing machine. If you need to fall back on the warranty, what kind of customer service can you expect? Always read the reviews for the best rowing machines so you can see what kind of experience customers had dealing with the manufacturer.
Weigh Your Own Priorities
Next, you will need to ask yourself what you need from a rowing machine. There is no one single best rowing machine; there are a number of great options (which we will share with you in just a bit) out there. Which one tops the list depends ultimately on your own priorities. Here are some questions to ask yourself when reading about the best rowing machines 2014:
- Do I need a particularly compact machine that is easy to move and store? Or will the machine be sitting in the same spot most of the time? How much room do I have to work out, and will I have to fold up the machine after every use? How important is portability to me?
- How much weight does the machine need to be able to support? Will the machine be large or small enough to fit my frame? How many people will be using it? Is it important for the seat height to be adjustable?
- How much am I able to spend on a rowing machine? Am I looking for the best rowing machine for less than $100? Or do I have several hundred dollars to spend? More? Would a professional gym-quality machine be the best rowing machine for home?
- How important is it to me that the best rowing machine operates smoothly and quietly? Do I mind a noisy workout?
- How programmable do I want the rowing machine to be? Do I want to input a lot of custom programs for the best home rowing machine, or is something basic adequate?
After you ask yourself these questions, you can make a list of your priorities in order. These will help you determine what is the best rowing machine 2014 for your needs. Now let’s take a quick look at some of the best rowing machines 2014 according to reviewers on Amazon.com.
Best Overall: Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing Machine
Going on the basis of sheer popularity, the Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 may be the best rowing machine 2014. This rowing machine has more than 880 reviews and an average of 4 stars out of 5. It sells for $120-$320, so even if you are trying to keep your purchase down around $100, you may find it a suitable choice. Outstanding features include a durable steel frame, shock resistance, and a monitor that provides detailed feedback. Trying to choose the best home rowing machine overall is difficult, but this one fits the bill.
Pro Quality: Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine
Is this the very best rowing machine 2014? It may well be. This rowing machine is the most expensive one to make our list, selling for $800-$900. Despite the high cost, it is very popular, with more than 660 reviews. So if budget is not a huge constraint, this may be the machine you want to purchase. It averages out to 5 out of 5 stars, garnering the highest rating here. Buy this machine and you will get an ergonomic workout on a compact machine that folds up for easy storage.
The flywheel is heavy enough to reduce the noise level and keep your workout smooth and comfortable. This is the best home rowing machine for customers who aren’t concerned about cost.
Best Mid-Price: Stamina 1215 Orbital Rowing Machine
This mid-price machine sells for $250-$400, and is one of the best rowing machines 2014 according to Amazon reviewers. It rates 4 out of 5 stars on average, and features compact design, ergonomic features, and smooth hydraulic cylinder resistance.
Lowest Cost: Sunny Health and Fitness Rowing Machine
This is another of the best rowing machines 2014, and is the lowest cost option here! You can buy this machine for $70-$100, making it a perfect budget option. Over 130 customers have reviewed it, rating it with an average of 4 out of 5 stars. The Sunny Health and Fitness rower has been designed with ergonomic features, and is particularly small and lightweight, making it easy to transport and store.
So what is the best rowing machine for home? We give our best rowing machine 2014 rating to the Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 as the overall top choice. But what is best for you should depend on your own priorities. If your priority is to save money, the Sunny Health and Fitness Rowing Machine may be the best rowing machine 2014. If on the other hand, professional gym quality is your top priority, the Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine may be the best rowing machine for home. The Stamina 1215 Orbital Rowing Machine makes another great mid-price choice. These are all among the best rowing machines, and any one of them will serve you well.
Other People Are Reading:
- About Us 43 views
- Contact Us 8 views
- The Beginner’s Guide To Dieting 43 views
- Buyer’s Guide: Best Rowing Machine for Home Use in 2014 48 views
- 3 Key Tips For Sticking To Your Healthy Diet Plan 11 views